The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI) is one of the oldest medical institutions of the world. It celebrated 350th anniversary in 2005.
RCPI is an independent body governed mainly by Fellows of the College and administrative officers with a mission to develop and maintain high professional standards in specialist medical practice nationally and internationally.
In order to fulfill its mission, The College organizes various activities throughout the year e.g.
- Training and Education opportunities.
- Continuing Medical Education.
- Post-graduate Examinations in Ireland and overseas, including our Membership examinations MRCPI.
- Public meeting series, in association with the Govt. & NGOs.
In 2003 the then President, Dean of RCPI & Prof BM Hegde, Vice chancellor of Manipal requested Senior Fellow Dr. Sabyasachi Ray, to communicate with all Fellows/Members of India to open an Indian Chapter. It was actually formed in November 2004 at Kolkata and officially inaugurated on 6th September 2005. Since then, this chapter is continuing with all activities mentioned earlier in association with RCPI, efficiently.
The Indian Chapter promotes the College's activities mentioned above in India and its neighbouring countries. It provides assistance and support to the College where examinations or courses are being organised in this region.
Kolkata, Mumbai & Delhi are the examination centers in the Indian subcontinent.
Our Core Values
- Honesty - We believe in transparency, integrity and respect
- Trust - We provide a nurturing community committed to developing people to their full potential
- Kindness - We act with openness, generosity and consideration
- Innovation - We provide a stimulating and challenging environment that promotes excellence in teaching and learning
- Responsiveness - We use our expertise to help influence healthcare policy in the best interests of patients
- Quality and Excellence - We strive for quality and excellence in everything we do
Our strategic aims
Over the next five years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic aims:
- Deliver world-class specialist training
- Enhance life-long learning and professional development
- Promote leadership in patient care
- Be a trusted, authoritative voice on public health policy
- Build our global presence
Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (MRCPI)Indian chapter is achieved through examination and is highly regarded internationally.
MRCPI examinations are available in three specialties:
- MRCPI General Medicine
- MRCPI Paediatrics
- MRCPI Obstetrics and Gynaecology